Re: [Gimp-gui] Enhancement request for an alternate object positioning modality

On Fri, Oct 27, 2017 at 12:18 PM, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
On Thu, Oct 26, 2017 at 10:37 PM, Reid D. Bingham wrote:

In any context where a user is, in the GUI, a) moving an entire object ( as
with Move, Rotate tools), or b) editing an object or meta-object by moving
an poly-line or grid edit point (selection, path, shear grid, perspective
grid, transform cage, etc.), there is an alternate positioning mode using
the Cursor keys allowing positioning to some quantum of position change,
possibly with modifier key selection gross and fine quanta.  Guides count as
GUI objects.  Positioning by co-ordinate entry is not a substitute as that
method is not a fluid interaction compared to simple key press.

Details:
I am currently using GIMP 2.8.22 on Windows 10 Pro and about to update to
2.9.x.

I have reviewed the Preferences->Input Devices->Main Keyboard events map
possibilities for Cursor Up/Down/Left/Right and have not recognized an
action set that might offer the functionality.

Reid,

I have to admit I don't very well understand your exact request, but
arrow keys (up, down, left, right) are already used, while Shift+arrow
keys combo makes a shift by a relative step.

Reply sent too soon, sorry.

Arrow keys: shift by 1px.

Shift + arrow keys: shift relatively.

Alex