Re: [Gimp-gui] What should be the default theme and icon th eme?

Oh one more question!

On 2016-03-22 01:21, Jehan wrote:
Hello all,

Now we have 5 themes in GIMP: lighter, light, gray, dark and darker.
The "Default" theme will likely stay since it corresponds to the
default theme of your desktop.
The "Small" theme will disappear as soon as we have customizable icon
size (which should be soon, there is already a working patch, but I
have to take the time and improve it before merging).

We have a symbolic icon theme in light and dark colors, and a new
color icon theme. Hopefully all these should be vectorial in the end,
allowing various scaling, while still be pixel-perfect at least for
the default size.
The original icon theme stays under the name "Legacy".

Now for GIMP 2.10, the default icon theme should likely be one of the
symbolic themes, since this is the direction where most software are
going, and historic GIMP/GNOME icon designer Jimmac really things this
is the way to go.

So the questions are:
1/ which symbolic icon theme should be the default? The dark or the light one?
2/ which theme should be the default (of course, the answer to 1/
limits the possible answers to 2/)?

3/ Since "Default" won't be the default theme anymore, how should it be renamed? Basically that's the theme which follows the current desktop theme. So should it be "System"? "Desktop-integration"? Something else?

Jehan

Thanks!

Jehan