Re: [Gimp-gui] Auto-shrink checkbox

Ok, it's good idea. It may be useful for me, I will try. But I think autoshrink checkbox have a chance to live. It behavior can be like this: automatically dropped to unchecked state each choosing select tool from toolbox. What about that? No confusing and little more valuable functionality to whom it may concern.

On Wed, Dec 30, 2015 at 6:51 PM Jehan <jehan girinstud io> wrote:
Hi,

On 2015-12-30 05:52, Georgy Grigoryev wrote:
> In earlier versions of GIMP was a "auto-shrink checkbox". Than it was
> replaced with button, which is more clear show what is the checkbox
> doing. But it works only one time. If you extract a lot of elements
> from frame it's tiring you for every element click button. I mean if
> you have a checkbox to enable auto-shrink for every selection it will
> be great. Button shrink selection one time, and checkbox enable
> auto-shrink for all. What about that idea?

I didn't even know about the auto-shrink feature. That's cool.
The docs indeed speak of a checkbox
(https://docs.gimp.org/en/gimp-tool-rect-select.html). I'm not sure when
it has been changed and why.

I could imagine though that if you forget you checked this box, it can
be confusing when later selection automatically shrink. This may have
been the reason.
If shrinking selection is a very common usage of yours, why not set a
keyboard shortcut for it? There is the "select-shrink" action. This may
be better than making it automatic actually, no?

Jehan