Re: [Gimp-gui] GIMP Theme UI now and future.

Hi,

On 2016-01-02 14:56, staedtler-przyborski wrote:
2) There seems to be miscomprehension about the icons, which are now separate from the UI theme. The theme only has pngs used to render the widgets underneath those, the rest is furnished by the new icon themes. So i don't really have to support them since they are two separate entities.
Ben
I've painted some of the missing symbolic icons. As all of the
symbolic-icons  are scalable vector graphics size is not a matter.
Just for fun I've tested some of them blown up to 512x512 pixels (in
fact the size can be near infinite - as long it is computable).

@Ben
I've seen on one of your screen-shots, that the n-point deformation
tool icon looks slightly different (handles are not so clearly
visible) in inversed-symbolic compared to symbolic. Is this true ? If
yes, I can provide a corrected one. Thanks

We use a single SVG icon. If there is a problem with an icon when inverted, then the icon should be fixed. We don't want a different icon for the inverted icon set.

This will be even truer when we will make the GTK+3 switch where we won't even need to re-render an inverted set, since this will be done automatically on dark themes, if not mistaken.

This said, if you discover a problem with one of the icons, you are welcome to contribute a non-inverted updated version. Don't make 2 versions, is all I am saying.
We are always looking for contributors. :-)

Jehan

Klaus