Re: [Gimp-gui] Toolbox Ellipsis

On 15/10/15 01:49, Andrew Pullins wrote:
Feature request, attachment 313343

#User Story

As a user with a smaller screen having too many tools in your Toolbox can sometimes force the Toolbox wegits and even tools off the screen. This is very aggravating as this means the user has to make their Toolbox bigger but this takes up room on the canvas space which is the most important dialog.

#Details

In order to fit all your tools in your Toolbox you have to drag the handle to enlarge it. But this takes up room on your canvas area so I am in a constant state of resizing my Toolbox and dialogs. When you have many tools in your Toolbox and you make your Toolbox smaller to hold one or two columns of tools the Toolbox Widgets and sometimes even tools move off screen.  This should not be the case.

As a solution I purpose that when there are too many tools to in the space provided with the Toolbox Widgets that an ellipse menu appear. This menu would hold all the over flow tools so that the user can still access them no matter what the size of their tool box is. I believe that this will greatly improve user experience.

You can already make the Toolbox  display only the tools you use often, and use the Tools menu to access others. You can even go further and remove from the palette the tools you invoke using shortcuts...