[Gimp-gui] GIMP wiki

Hello,

On 2015-10-09 15:48, Pat David wrote:
I'd agree that the wiki is possibly the best place to flesh these
ideas out with history and more flexibility to utilize images and
media to demonstrate our ideas (a big + when dealing with some of the
concepts I'm sure will come to light).

The DocumentFoundation has a very nice wiki set up for LibreOffice.  All the main pages have this header at the top that makes navigation much easier.  I particurly like how their Design team's pages are set up.

each project that the design team is working on gets put on the Whiteboard page.  Each project has the same format based on this Default_Template.

  • 1 Summary - short description of the project.
    • 1.1 Status -  Analysis, Call for Proposals, Shaping Tentative Design, Blueprint, Implemented
    • 1.2 Scope - clear definition of what is in and out of scope for this project.
  • 2 Discussion - Any email archive or IRC chat log regarding this project.
    • 3 Proposals - This is where each person that has input writes down their idea.
      • 4 Relevant Art - Any outside sources that might be relevant, mostly images and webpages explaining how an app works.  For GIMP this could be images of Inkscape, Mypaint, Krita, Alchemy, Photoshop, Illustratorcorel painter etc.

    The five stages in this process:
    Analysis -  just about analying the problem and gathering all needed information.
    Call for Proposals - this is when more people get involved and start making up their proposals.
    Shaping Tentative Design - the design is almost done but it is still up in the air for debate.
    Blueprint - (it has been a while since I last contributed to the LibreOffice Design Team, and I have not personally seen a project get to this new stage) I think it means that the design is "finished" and is waiting for a developer to pick it up and start working on it.
    Implemented - the feature has been fully implemented.

    This system works very well in the LibreOffice community perhaps it could hep out the GIMP gui team.

    --
    Jesus is my Lord and Savior. Praise be unto God for giving us a way to live with him.