Re: [Gimp-gui] Multi-layer selection

Hi,

On 2015-10-13 19:47, Ofnuts wrote:
On 12/10/15 15:20, Jehan wrote:

Actually layer group can be considered a 4th concept to take into account. I would not call them "selections" though, but just various ways to interact with layers/items. Right now, you can interact on 1 layer (the active one), a group of layers, linked layers (very similar to groups except that it does not span accross item types,and also does not force sequential positioning in the item stack), and in the future maybe a selection of layers.

Layers groups are first an foremost the equivalent of parentheses for
compositing operations (ie, all compositing is done within the group,
then the group is composited with its siblings). You could want to
rotate a layer across several groups.

By the way, let's not forget layer masks. They would often be selected
with their layer, but separate selection will also have its uses.

Do you have a wiki account by the way? I feel you give enough feedback to add these directly on the wiki too. :-)
You can ask an account to ankh on IRC (Liam on this mailing list).

I also feel that our work could also to improving documentation at some point as well, when we will have managed to define every concepts and clearly say what are the differences.

Jehan