Re: [Gimp-gui] GIMP Theme UI now and future.

Elle writes:
On my system the "light side of GIMP" theme and the current default
GIMP theme are very close in tonality, with the "light side of GIMP
theme being a tad lighter. Here's a screenshot showing the two themes
side by side:
http://ninedegreesbelow.com/bug-reports/gimp29/light-side-vs-default-small.jpg
[ ... ]
1. The "light side of GIMP" theme has a lot of darker tones in things
like sliders, boxes for choosing parameters, the menu bar, and really
just about everywhere. This makes for too little contrast between the
sliders, boxes, etc and any contained text. It seems to me that a
lighter shade of gray would make the text stand out better.

I should clarify that my comment about both light themes being too
dark and lacking contrast referred to the darker #bdbdbd color that
Elle mentions here, not the base #eeeeee color. The darker color
predominates in the screenshots, including in areas where there's a
lot of text to read. Black against #bdbdbd is a lot less contrasty
and harder to read than what I currently see in GIMP 2.9 and earlier.

Jehan writes:
I agree. Also do we want the theme to get rid of colors? If I were to
decide, I'd say no. For sliders for instance, I quite prefer this blue|white
colors to the white|grey proposed.

I don't have strong feelings about the current blue/white sliders
vs. the grey/white ones in the "lighter side" theme, though I find
the 3D highlights in the "alternate light" sliders prettier and more
professional looking than the flat ones (just a personal prejudice,
I'll be fine using whatever GIMP ends up with).

However, I'd be sorry to see the colors in the Toolbox icons go. I
have a very hard time telling many of the icons apart already, even
with color cues, and without color it'll be a lot harder. I know
there are people who don't want color icons distracting them, but
I don't think I'll be able to use these monochrome Toolbox icons,
and that will probably drive me to a custom theme, and might drive
some users away from GIMP if it's not easy to find alternate themes.

        ...Akkana