Re: [Gimp-docs] [Gimp-web] gimp-doc and its web html

> Would something like
>
> * English (2.8)
>
> work, (where there is a link for "2.8" to the old versions)?

precisely

Look at this (old) page for an example:

https://docs.gimp.org/download.html

(see that there are even the older docs, 2.6 or even 2.4 for example).
Kept for historical reasons?

Actually, since we have that page I think it might be best to include a link at the end of the list of current version docs.  Perhaps something like:

"The user manual for previous versions of GIMP can be found here <URL>"

I can add this shortly.

So first and foremost we should ask a web developer where it is. If
there is none, I would ask gently the developers to create one with an CI
server connected just to render the on-going documentation and
translation efforts continuously. Is it asking too much? Hope not! :-)

This one is a little different.  The "docs.gimp.org" sub-domain is separate from the main www.gimp.org domain, and I haven't had a chance to really familiarize myself with it enough.  I'm certainly happy to get something set up for CI/publish of the current docs (but I am also a bit ignorant of how the docs are managed overall...).

I'll ask about getting something setup.
--
https://patdavid.net
GPG: 66D1 7CA6 8088 4874 946D  18BD 67C7 6219 89E9 57AC