Re: [Gimp-docs] median blur filter

On 10/31/18 2:45 AM, Julien Hardelin wrote:
Thank you Ell for your quick answer.

When I read your explanation, I  have a feeling that I understand. But
when I try to apply this, I get nothing. I tried with an alpha channel,
a layer mask, a selection mask (where I can edit transparency) without
any result in the image.

Please, give me an example applying this damned Alpha percentile. I am
sure that I will understand with an example.

The example shows an image with transparency, blurred using Median Blur,
with a radius of 10, and different alpha percentiles:

  https://i.imgur.com/vBQgA7D.png

Note that there is no selection or mask involved.

Hope this helps :)

--
Ell