Re: [Gimp-docs] Composite mode options

On Thu, 10 May 2018 09:06:48 -0400
Ell via gimp-docs-list <gimp-docs-list gnome org> wrote:

On Wed, 9 May 2018 15:17:49 +0200
Julien Hardelin <jhardlin orange fr> wrote:

Hi,

I don't understand options in Composite mode in Edit Layer
Attributes and New Layer : Auto, Union, Clip to backdrop, Clip to
layer, Intersection.

What do they do?

What are they useful for?

[...]

"Auto" mode, which I forgot to mention, is not a separate composite
mode, but rather corresponds to one of the other composite modes,
depending on the layer's blend mode: for "Normal", "Dissolve", and
"Merge", it corresponds to "Union", and for the other modes (that
support different composite modes) it corresponds to "Clip to Backdrop".

--
Ell