Re: [Gimp-docs] Hello!

That is really cool, Professor!

Do you have your own YouTube/Vidme/Minds channel? I find that individuals put up videos and that is how I learn (and re-learn) techniques in GIMP.

Loyal user for 6 years.

Dana

On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 12:05 PM, Alexandre Prokoudine <alexandre prokoudine gmail com> wrote:
On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 6:27 PM, Famiglietti, Andrew A wrote:
> Hi Gimp Documentation List!
>

> I'm a professor in the English Department at West Chester University of
> Pennsylvania, and I'm planning to use Open Source Software documentation as
> a "real world" writing task for my Technical Writing Students this semester.
> I noticed your project was looking for documentation help and thought I
> would reach out. Some things you should know:
>
> - I'm not going to swamp you with student pull requests. Students will file
> their drafts with me, first, and then I will pass them on to you only if I
> think they have a reasonably good end product, and I have an ok from the
> project
>
> I was wondering:
>
> - If you would be interested in seeing the documentation drafts students
> produce

Yes, definitely!

> - If there was any particular area of documentation you were particularly in
> need of

Personally, I think that both "Getting Started" and "How do I Become a
GIMP Wizard?" sections need revisiting, because a lot of chapters from
the latter one belong to the foremr one really.

Moreover, the user manual is still missing updates for the upcoming
v2.10. Julien Hardelin would be a better judge of that though.

Alex