[Gimp-docs] GIMP_HELP_2_8_2 is ambiguous

I used "git clone ssh://< …>/git/gimp-help-2" to make a local copy of gimp-help-2. Just to try out whether I remember the procedures or no, I made a few changes in 3 files and "commit" and "push" them (after running "git pull"). When running "git push" I got among other messages this message:
"remote: error: refname 'GIMP_HELP_2_8_2' is ambiguous"

A minute later the three files showed up in https://git.gnome.org/browse/gimp-help-2/log/. All seems OK.

As it does not seem to be a serious error, I am just curious why this occurs. Perhaps it can be fixed in some way?

Kolbjørn