Re: [Gimp-docs] GIMP Automation information/documentation

On Sun, Sep 11, 2016 at 3:56 PM, Mikael Jörgenstam wrote:
Attempting to find information about the following, and not finding suitable
information in the current manual / docs.
This is my last resort.

I am highly dependent on automation and am looking for a viable alternative
to Adobes product lines.
The automation features I need in a product are image scaling, cropping,
resizing output or saved images
resolution modification and such, often on several hundred of images at a
time.
Every run is different and previously I have tried Photoshop with Automate.

Is there any means by which GIMP would be able to serve as a substitute,
preferably without having to
learn a whole new set of coding syntax to enable some specific editing each
time I need to do a batch run?

Are you familiar with http://www.alessandrofrancesconi.it/projects/bimp/ ?

Alex