[Gimp-docs] Stuck help

The advice in gimp-getting-unstuck.html is helpful but today I found
another way to get stuck.  Somehow I got a tool set to what I'll call a
"null option" which results in no visible change to the image.
For example the very first pencil/paint/etc shape option is a null shape.
Or if the text tool font size is set to 0 (zero) , letters added are
invisible.

Fred  who is not subscribed here,
      copy of replies by direct email appreciated.

--
Bassett Creek Cohousing, Minneapolis  http://mn.cohousing.org/bcrk/