[Gimp-docs] Would like to work on the color management documentation

Hi All,

I'd like to work on the Gimp color management documentation to add a short explanation of the new monitor and softproofing black point compensation options in the Preferences/Color Management dialog.

I'd also like to make a few changes to some of the other color management documentation, in particular the explanation of the profile conversion intents (perceptual, relative and absolute colorimetric, saturation).

I downloaded and built the from-git documentation. I've read through the various READMEs and such. One of the READMEs says:

You should know a bit about Docbook and XML, or be smart enough to learn
the syntax yourself. You can get more information about Docbook and XML
by using your preferred search engine.

I don't know anything at all about Docbook and I try very hard not to think about XML except as it applies to image sidecar files.

There's a whole lot about both topics on the internet. How do I learn the very minimum needed to work on Gimp color management documentation? Is there a worked example somewhere? Is there a step-by-step "here's how" guide for people who really, really, really don't want to become docbook/xml experts?

Best regards,

Elle

--
http://ninedegreesbelow.com
Articles on color management and open source photography