[Gimp-docs] No module named libxml2

Moving my work on GIMP to another computer I run into some problems.

Example:
make validate-nn
Result:
[XML] xml/nn/filters/alpha-to-logo.xml
Traceback (most recent call last):
    File ".tools/xml2po.py", line 191, in <module>
        main<sys.argv[1:]>
    File ".tools/xml2po.py", line 88, in Main
        from xml2po import Main
File "/bin/GIMP/gimp-help-2/tools/xml2po/__init__.py", line 27, in <module>
        import libxml2
ImportError: No module named libxml2

Running python 2.6.
I do not know about programming in Python.
I do have a libxml2/libxml directory installed ( in usr/include/libxml2) but no separate files with this name.
Question: Where is __init__.py looking for includes?
How to fix this?
Other fixes needed?

Neither does make check-images-nn works as suggested, but I think this is another question.
I am running Cygwin on Windows 7.

By now I am running Cygwin on another computer, and it works. I know that I could copy the complete Cygwin directory from this computer, but choosed to install from scratch to learn a bit about how to do it.

Some years ago there was a thread in this forum about installing the programs needed for translating GIMP Help, also on Cygwin, but alas I am not able to find it.

Kolbjoern Stuestoel