Re: [Gimp-docs] Pimp my GIMP

> Von: Alexandre Prokoudine <alexandre prokoudine gmail com>

> On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 1:18 PM, Roman Joost wrote:
> > There is currently a proposal to change the heading of the 'Pimp my
> > GIMP' section to something less controversal, as it may put off people
> > with it's political incorrectness ("pimp").
> >
> > I know that GIMP as well already gets people into arguments, but I think
> > changing it to "Improve my GIMP" or something similar will simply
> > increase the acceptance of the manual and lower the possibility for
> > people feeling offended.
>
> "Customizing GIMP". Boring, but delivers the message.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pimp_My_Ride is probably the insiration for the title. Interestingly, the Wikipedia article lists no controversies about their use of that title (only legal threats by Viacom against other businesses using the "Pimp my..." slogan).

Just to make sure, this isn't an attempt by someone who was involved in a GIMP name discussion to gather some leverage through the back door?

Regards,
Michael