Re: [Gimp-docs] whats new in GIMP 2.8

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 08:30:02AM +0200, Marco Ciampa wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 07:49:41AM +0200, Julien Hardelin wrote:
> > Le 29/04/2012 20:43, Marco Ciampa a écrit :
> > >Reading the manual from the start, just after the intro, you see
> > >
> > >What's New in GIMP 2.6?
> > >
> > >Why do not clone it creating a new section
> > >
> > >What's New in GIMP 2.8?
> > >
> > >I think that this could be a good starting point:
> > >
> > >http://www.gimpusers.com/tutorials/gimp-2-8-features-preview-april-2010
> > >
> > Why you don't write it?
>
> With your assistance, I can try to do it.
> My english is poor.
> My knowledge of docbook-xml is inexistant.
> But I know these are excuses... I'll try.
>
> If you don't mind I'll post here my doubts...

First of all, thanks for the encuraging messages I've received.
They warm my heart.

Here we are for the questions.

1) I found that simply modifying this file

 src/introduction/whats-new.xml

is easier than I though

2) I was in doubt if it was better adding a new "What's new with GIMP 2.8"
   leaving the old section renamed into "What was new with GIMP 2.6" but
   maybe is an overkill...

Please _say_ what you _all_ think about it:

You do prefer to to replace and renew the section or...
You prefer adding a new section?

3) In case of a replacement, I found it useful to let the old section be
accessible by web. Now there is a bug in the site, see by yourself:

http://docs.gimp.org

- there is no direct links to the on line HTML 2.6 section, there is
only the 2.4 and the new WIP 2.8. The 2.6 version _is_ accessible but
only manually editing the web address of your browser replacing the
2.8 like

http://docs.gimp.org/2.8/en/

into

http://docs.gimp.org/2.6/en/

4) is the web site version controlled? Why not?

it's enough for now...

--

Marco Ciampa

| Linux User  #78271 |