[Gimp-docs] release procedure

Sorry if I sound a little bit a bureaucrat but I want to propose a rule
for the version releases, similar to the string freeze for the programs.

Sometimes the manual reach a state the could be safely published. When
we decide that that time is reached, I propose to publish a Request For
Publication, here in this list, that means that the version branch is
created (say gimp-2.8.1 for example..) and the tar balls are delayed for
as long as 2 weeks. In that period of time, translators can try do
updated and finish their work to reach a, as far as possible, complete
multilanguage version of the manual.

This is a kind of "RFC" :-) please say what you think about it.


Marco Ciampa

| Linux User  #78271 |
| FSFE fellow   #364 |

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]