Re: [Gimp-developer] [GIMP-developer] Discontinuation of mailing lists and moving to Discourse

On 2022-10-17 12:38, Jehan Pagès via gegl-developer-list wrote:
The GNOME Foundation has been moving all its discussions to a Discourse forum, progressively:

I misread the above and thought it referred to the live chat system called Discord. I wondered how that could possibly replace an email system.

I found a message from GNOME about the change and found it is due to mailman still needing Python 2. I'm a little surprised that no one has volunteered to update it to work with Python 3.

Instead, people wishing to discuss about GIMP are expected to use GNOME's Discourse instance. In particular 2 tags were created for us:

The replacement to the mailing list is a forum based site. I don't like forums. I find it hard to follow the thread of a discussion. The use of a forum also means I have to go to the site, login, then search for messages that might be of interest to me. I don't see myself using the forum site.

Once the mailing list goes away I will feel rather detached from the GIMP community and thus it will feel like the end of an almost 30 year involvement with the project. For now I will stay connected to the gimp IRC channel.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.

http://www.ve3syb.ca/               | "Nerds make the shiny things that
https://www.patreon.com/KevinCozens | distract the mouth-breathers, and
                                    | that's why we're powerful"
Owner of Elecraft K2 #2172          |
#include <disclaimer/favourite>     |             --Chris Hardwick