Re: [Gimp-developer] [Gimp-user] Discontinuation of mailing lists and moving to Discourse

Am 19.10.22 um 07:43 schrieb Joel Rees via gimp-developer-list
Not a confidence builder. Which means, yeah, lurkers like me will likely
disappear from the community.

Lurking is comparatively easy, though - if you are on
https://discourse.gnome.org/tag/gimp and logged in (this isn't really a
different requirement to being subscribed to a mailing list), you have
the notifications bell icon on that site, and can select there what kind
of notification mails you are receiving for this tag. I've set this to
"Watching", for example - this should allow me to follow the discussions
just like on an existing list.

One downside is that you can't really determine from the notification
mails that they are for the gimp tag, but their List-ID header tells you
that they are from GNOME discourse, at least.

What can be expected is a much higher volume than on the lists, though -
so taking care of the notifications with mail client rules is likely a
necessity.

--
Regards,
Michael