Re: [Gimp-developer] macOS third-party plugins

Hi!

On Wed, Jul 20, 2022 at 8:30 PM Jacob Boerema via gimp-developer-list <
gimp-developer-list gnome org> wrote:

On 20 Jul 2022 at 8:51, Piotr Fusik wrote:

I found no macOS plugin SDK. Is there one?

I am not aware of anything macOS specific in our plug-in API or any macOS
specific documentation. We would welcome improvements.

Indeed there is no difference for plug-in creation depending on the
platform.

Now maybe the fact that the macOS DMG is signed means all the plug-in
binaries must be signed too to be run. I have no idea, but I guess it makes
sense in the security context of signature of binaries.

As Jacob says, if anyone has more information, we welcome contributors for
documenting OS-specific differences too, especially as we are currently in
the process of reviving our developer website where such information would
be definitely welcome. :-)

Jehan

The number of macOS GIMP developers traditionally has been very low. Not
sure if our current maintainer Lukas Oberhuber reads this list. You may
have
more luck contacting him on our IRC channel.

--
Jacob Boerema