[Gimp-developer] design for plugins and GimpProcedureDialog

Can someone give guidance about plugins and GimpProcedureDialog?
I can probably work on it, both on the plugin side and the libgimp side.

I suppose that for GIMP 3, plugins should use GimpProcedureDialog
and GimpConfig.  Where formerly PyGimp and ScriptFu each rolled their own
GUI.
That plugins register their arguments using GParamSpecs (or properties of
the plugin.)
And that properties of a GimpProcedure and GParamSpecs denote the kind of
widgets.

It seems like there should be more param  specs: for font...gradient and
brush.
And for SF_OPTION which lets a plugin specify the model to a combobox.

I don't understand the relationship of app/gimppropwidgets and libgimp.
Should every widget available to GimpProcedureDialog be a prop widget
(one that edits a property directly?)
Can new prop widgets be defined in libgimp? Since apparently app doesn't
need them.

My understanding is that all the widgets (font choosers etc. ) are
implemented,
but they need to be lashed into GimpProcedureDialog.
The lashing may require more GimpParamSpecs or more prop widgets?

I can provide a branch that makes ScriptFu use GimpProcedureDialog
and then the test case ScriptFu>Test>Sphere shows what is missing
(that the old ScriptFu interface provides.)