Re: [Gimp-developer] macOS third-party plugins

Jehan Pagès wrote:

I found no macOS plugin SDK. Is there one?
I am not aware of anything macOS specific in our plug-in API or any macOS specific documentation. We
would welcome improvements.
Indeed there is no difference for plug-in creation depending on the platform.

You mean the plugin code is OS-independent. That’s right.
What I meant is that you need the GIMP headers and libraries to link your plugin with. These are easy to
install on Linux. How do I do this on a Mac?

Now maybe the fact that the macOS DMG is signed means all the plug-in binaries must be signed too to be
run. I have no idea, but I guess it makes sense in the security context of signature of binaries.

Actually unsigned plugins do work.

But if you sign a third-party plugin, you need to sign it with the
"com.apple.security.cs.disable-library-validation" entitlement. Otherwise, macOS will block it because its
certificate is different from GIMP libraries'.

--Piotr