Re: [Gimp-developer] Allow simple warping/curving of text

On Sun, 2021-10-10 at 20:34 +0200, Ofnuts via gimp-developer-list
wrote:
Curve how?

https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-ofn-bend-path
https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-ofn-text-along-path

It's true it's much harder in GIMP than in OpenOffice, or many other
programs.  I'm hoping that some time next year we'll be able to revamp
the text support in GIMP dramatically while keeping it editable as
text, but that will depend on getting some keen volunteers to do the
programming. I hope to write up my findings in more detail soon on the
GUI wiki so others can contribute more easily. We also need OpenType
feature and alternate glyph support, for example (the 2nd of these is
also pretty important e.g. for Arabic, so not just æsthetics).

Example in PS:
[image: image.png]

Sorry, attachments don't come through on this mailing list.
Can you put it on a WQeb site and send the URL? Thanks!

Liam (demib0y/ankh/slave)

--
Liam Quin - https://www.fromoldbooks.org/