Re: [Gimp-developer] Mime type application/x-xcf in /etc/mime.types vs image/x-xcf in gimp.desktop

Hi,

On Sat, Jul 31, 2021 at 2:10 AM Joel Hockey <joelhockey chromium org> wrote:

Thanks Jehan,

Debian will change this after their current release freeze.

They have requested if gimp could register the mime type with iana?

Sure why not.

Charles offered help if needed: plessy debian org

Definitely yes. I have started to fill the form (
https://www.iana.org/form/media-types), but they ask for a lot of
information I'm not sure of (even looking at the RFC they link as
references). So I would appreciate some feedback. Charles' email has been
added in recipients of this thread.

Attached is my first try at filling the form. Would anyone mind review and
tell me if I misunderstood anything? I left a lot of notes here and there
for reviewers because there were many stuff I was not sure of.
Thanks!

Jehan

On Sat, Jul 17, 2021 at 6:54 AM Jehan Pagès <jehan marmottard gmail com>