Re: [Gimp-developer] problem with gimp and its core features

On Sat, 2021-01-23 at 17:41 +0100, Maksymilian S. via gimp-developer-
list wrote:
Hello.
A few weeks ago, I have encountered a problem. When GIMP had to open
an
another window (as in Exporting, Saving, etc.), it would lag the
program
massively, and take up to 5 minutes to open the window. But recently,
that
has caused my computer to crash entirely.
Computer specifications:
CPU: DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo E8400, 3000 MHz
RAM: Kingston 2G-UDIMM DDR2 SDRAM 400 MHz (2x)
GUP: NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT

Hello - i'm going to take a wild guess and say it's running Microsoft
Windows, and that you have a network drive that happens to be
disconnected?