Re: [Gimp-developer] New asset / extension manager

Huh, just found some info on gitlab, but not sure, how old it is (those
commit messages are not very descriptive):

- New extension format support (.gex a.k.a. GIMP Extension) which is
    an archive containing various supported data. So far, it can
    package: brushes, MyPaint brushes, dynamics, patterns, gradients,
    palettes, tool presets, plug-ins, splash images and themes.
  - New extension manager allowing to enable, disable or uninstall
    installed extensions, with a dialog available in `Edit > Manage
    Extensions`.

https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gimp/-/blob/master/NEWS#L540

I will dig in...