Re: [Gimp-developer] missing strings for translation (GIMP 2.10.x)

Hi!

On Wed, Jun 3, 2020 at 6:12 PM Cristian Secară <liste secarica ro> wrote:

I cannot find these strings for translation:

1. Go to Preferences -> Toolbox -> (checkbox) Show GIMP _logo
(drag-and-drop target) -> (tooltip) Show the GIMP mascot at the top of the
toolbox.

The tooltip is missing for translation.

Indeed. Added.

2. Go to Preferences -> Input devices -> click on Configure extended input
devices... -> Core Pointer
"Core Pointer" is missing for translation.

Unless mistaken, we don't have this string in GIMP itself. As this is part
of the list of devices, I think it is returned by one of the other layers
of the system. I have not investigated much to see which layer it is, but
this is this one which should return localized strings if adequate.

Also the "X tilt" and "Y tilt" are missing, which are parameters for "%s
Curve" (this one is ok).

?

Indeed. They were actually translatable/translated, but only when shown
alone (in the "Axes" list). I have made these to be also translated when
used in the  "%s Curve" and "The axis '%s' has no curve" context.

Thanks for noticing.
If I may, next time though, I'd suggest to open a bug report:
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gimp/-/issues

Otherwise your reports might end up forgotten if we don't process them
immediately (for this one, we got lucky).
Thanks again.

Jehan

P.S.: commit:

commit 4c081730255d33418a7402413d3b9a4ae4bcda0f (HEAD -> gimp-2-10,
origin/gimp-2-10)