Re: [Gimp-developer] [ANN] gimpgitbuild 0.2.1 - a commandline tool to build GIMP and its dependencies from their git repos

Nice work! The great thing about devops stuff is that while it's hard work, it only needs doing very rarely.

Now let's see if the latest version works for more people :-)

-----Original Message----- From: Shlomi Fish
Sent: Saturday, February 29, 2020 12:59 PM
To: Ed
Cc: Gimp-Developer
Subject: Re: [Gimp-developer] [ANN] gimpgitbuild 0.2.1 - a commandline tool to build GIMP and its dependencies from their git repos

Hi Ed and all,

On Sat, 29 Feb 2020 10:27:38 +0200
Shlomi Fish <shlomif shlomifish org> wrote:

On Sat, 29 Feb 2020 06:15:40 -0000
"Ed" <ej_zg hotmail com> wrote:

> I'd suggest setting up Travis and using CI with your project repo to > ensure > people can start from a clean version of at least Ubuntu with a fair > chance > it will work. The various packages and versions in the Travis config > would
> provide a great guide on dependencies.

Thanks for the suggestion, Ed! I shall try that.

This was now implemented: https://travis-ci.org/shlomif/App-gimpgitbuild/ -
thanks. It took me half a day, and I ended up skipping the build of gimp
git master itself (due to the fact it required some newer deps). It inspired a
feature in gimpgitbuild 0.8.0 .

Thanks!

--

Shlomi Fish       https://www.shlomifish.org/
https://youtu.be/KxGRhd_iWuE - Never Give Up!!

Chuck Norris can construct any logical expression using only AND gates.
Summer Glau can replace Chuck with a very small AND gate.
   — http://www.shlomifish.org/humour/bits/facts/Summer-Glau/