Re: [Gimp-developer] When writing a GIMP Plugin using Python, can the Plugin display a GIMP based Dialog box informing the user if they haven't provided an argument?

Ahhh. I didn't even think that it might be able to be done that way - but
your solution is exactly what I was looking for. Thankyou very much.

I was thinking that there might be a GIMP Procedure such as;

    pdb.display_dialog(...)

or something similar.

After I submitted my question, I found a snippet of Python code on the
Internet which did what I needed, but nowhere near as nicely as your
answer. When I modified this snippet of Python code, it looked as follows;

import gtk

# A whole lot of code has been left out here!!!

    errDialog = gtk.MessageDialog(

                 None,

                 0,

                 gtk.MESSAGE_ERROR,

                 gtk.BUTTONS_OK,

                 "You must specify at least one file."

                )

    errDialog.show_all()

    errDialog.run()

# And a whole lot of code has been left out here!!!

Thanks once again for your assistance. It is most appreciated.