Re: [Gimp-developer] To consult the algorithm of photocopy filter

On Mon, 2019-07-15 at 10:57 +0800, luming shangyuekeji com wrote:
Dear all developers:
    I want to consult the algorithm details  of photocopy filter in
photocopy.c, especially the paper or description. I don't understand
the algorithm although I have read the description in photocopy.c.
    Thank you.

Note, this is a gegl fillter; i don't know if there is a specific
paper.

it looks like it does (more or less)

(1) make two blurred copies of the input with different radii
(2) use these to make a histogram to count values & determing a
threshhold
(3) for each input pixel, if the corresponding blurred value is less
than the computed threshold, make it black (0 value) else make it
brighter.

Liam (slave ankh)

Click here to have the slave beaten.