[Gimp-developer] Bug?

I have the same layer. One with alpha blocked and the other with alpha transferred to mask. I paint both with a very soft white airbrush in bottom-right corner. In this image, we can see that there is a soft white peculiar stripe vertically and horizontally:

When I disable mask in one layer and transfer alpha to mask in the other (and disable that mask), I realize that the soft airbrush painted a lot outside the permitted zone. That is where alpha is close to 0.

The same with any color.

Is this a bug?

--
Marionetas Mey