Re: [Gimp-developer] small suggestion for consistency

On Thu, Oct 25, 2018 at 11:37:12AM +0200, Simon Budig wrote:
Marco Ciampa via gimp-developer-list (gimp-developer-list gnome org) wrote:
The menu layer should named layers for consistency with the other
menus like colors, tools, filters.

Would you suggest to change "Image" to "Images" as well?

No. Image deal with _one_ image at a time. Level deal with one or more
levels at a time (see below).

Both feels wrong to me, since the "Layer" menu mostly deals with actions
affecting just one layer (the current one).

Level groups are made not of just one level.
Same as for a stack of levels.

"Filters" is a collection of multiple filters,

right

"Tools" is a collection of multiple tools,

right

"Colors" deals with multiple colors in the image.

right

and levels deals with multiple levels in the image, in groups and in a stack.

... but this is just an observation and a suggestion ...

TIA

--

Marco Ciampa

 GNU/Linux User #78271