Re: [Gimp-developer] note to packagers: partially desynchronising babl, GEGL and GIMP releases cycles

On Mon, Oct 22, 2018 at 3:13 PM Øyvind Kolås <pippin gimp org> wrote:
Packagers for linux distributions should update the recipes for babl
and GEGL, and new releases of GIMP 2.10.6 for flatpak/snap/OSX/windows
with the new babl and GEGL is desirable.

Before in the 2.10 releases we have synchronized the releases of babl,
GEGL and GIMP. This synchronization has been a by-product of work on
finishing the GIMP release have resulted in additional commits to
GEGL; and thus coordinating the releases have been neccessary also to
have a properly building GIMP. As the 2.10 series stabilizes and
releases become less frequent we can expect having babl and GEGL
releases also in-between future stable GIMP releases.

babl-0.1.58 and GEGL-0.4.10 have already been released this month

As often happens, there was a slight issue with the GEGL release which had fixes
for OSX display glithches rushed out - didnt get enough testing of the
glitch fixes; and
in the end we made things worse - also on other platforms. As far as we know the
display glitches when zoomed in beyond 100% are now be history on both
OSX and Linux
with the fixes GEGL-0.4.12 has for the discovered embarrassment.

/Øyvind Kolås