Re: [Gimp-developer] Spyrogimp plugin rewrite

Hi!

On Sun, Oct 14, 2018 at 12:47 AM Elad Shahar <dawn ever gmail com> wrote:

Hi Jehan,

Thanks for your feedback!
The new version is here
<https://www.dropbox.com/s/r1qfmk4r2oc3off/spyro_plus.py?dl=0> .

Here is what I have done:

* I made "Esc" close the dialog (and cancel the pattern).
* The issue with the broken icon was part of a larger issue that made the
plugin look different than other plugins. This was resolved by using
gimpui.py
* I added a non-interactive API.
* I made the dialog less tall, by grouping parameters in notebook tabs.

In addition:

* Using the "selection" shape now draws multiple shapes - if several paths
were generated from the selection-to-path conversion.
* Several new multi-sided shapes were added as fixed rings, with
additional options.
  These produce drawings similar to many guilloche patterns. Examples for
the new shapes are here
<https://www.dropbox.com/s/6ae238njoafnqe7/example.png?dl=0>.
* I added "long-gradient" support, that spreads across the entire pattern.
  This was available in the previous spyrogimp.scm, and produces nice
results which are difficult to obtain when trying to tune the gradient from
tool settings.
* Improved the speed of incremental drawing by using gobject.idle_add
instead of timeouts.

I'd be glad to fix any other issues.

So I finally reviewed.

* The background color of self.pattern_notebook is always white, which is
especially a problem with darker themes. Is it only for me? Don't you have
this issue too? I had a look and am unsure where this comes from though
(maybe it's a problem in the theme, but I have no idea).

* I had once a warning about broken undo when setting "Clone" (then I had a
warning about no clone source, but this one is normal) then canceling with
Esc.

Apart from these, it looks good here. :-)

Jehan

If the plugin is indeed updated in the repository, could I write
documentation for the manual?

Thanks!
Elad

On Sun, Sep 16, 2018 at 10:34 PM Jehan Pagès <jehan marmottard gmail com>