Re: [Gimp-developer] GIMP branched: new stable branch gimp-2-10

On 20 May 2018, at 22:31, Michael Natterer <mitch gimp org> wrote:

On Sun, 2018-05-20 at 21:27 +0200, Carmelo DrRaw wrote:
What is the recommended branch for nightly development snapshots?

Should one provide snapshots for both master and gimp-2-10?

That depends on what you want or what these snapshots are for:

In fact, it really depends on which kind of nightly snapshots you - the GIMP developers - would like to
provide to users. I’m at your service ;-)
If you would like to have the bleeding edge version tested also on OSX, I’m ready to provide the
corresponding package… for the moment, I am restricting the packaging to the 2.10.x branch.

Andrea

gimp-2-10 is where 2.10.x releases are made from.

master is bleeding edge.

Regards,
Mitch