[Gimp-developer] #gimp irc invitation only?

Hi All,

From this page: https://www.gimp.org/irc.html

I clicked on this link: irc://irc.gimp.org/#gimp

expecting the channel to open using Chatzilla plug-in for Firefox, which is how I've almost always accessed #gimp.

What really happened is that Chatzilla presented the following message:

[INFO] This channel is invite-only. You must have an invite from an existing member of the channel to join. Use "/knock #gimp" to ask the channel operators to invite you in. [Knock]

Any ideas what's going on?

Best,
Elle