Re: [Gimp-developer] How to get color tag of layer in python plugin script?

On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 11:06 PM, John Tapsell <johnflux gmail com> wrote:

On 23 Feb 2018 10:57, "Carol Spears" <carol spears gmail com> wrote:

On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 7:37 PM, John Tapsell <johnflux gmail com> wrote:

Thanks! It would be cool if it was a property on the layer itself in
python, and if there was a version that returned the actual colour name
instead of a number. (there isn't, right?)

<Image>/Filers/Python Fu/Console has a browser button that gives a
searchable list of what can be done.  I suggest that you search for "tag".

Thanks - I don't see anything other than the get and set function, so I
think this confirms that there is no method for getting the color tag as a
string.  This is something that needs to be converted manually I think.

I was pleased to find that the new Layers Dialog is not just a pretty
face....

carol