Re: [Gimp-developer] #gimp irc invitation only?

On 08/23/2018 11:47 AM, Paka wrote:
* Elle Stone <ellestone ninedegreesbelow com> [08-23-18 11:42]:
On 08/23/2018 11:25 AM, Paka wrote:

This channel is invite-only. You must have an invite from an existing member
of the channel to join. Use "/knock #gimp" to ask the channel operators to
invite you in.

it was instituted freenode wide to accept *only* registered users due to
spamming.  it requires you "log" in using a password to your *registered*
id.
    go to #freenode
    make sure your nick is correctly set
    /msg nickserv identify <your-password>

Hi Paka,

I just did register with #freenode. But I still get the same "invite-only"
message when trying to join #gimp.

Is freenode even related to irc.gimp.org?

no, not "related".  freenode provides irc service connections and I can
access #gimp from there.
   paka (~paka@opensuse/member/Paka) has joined #gimp

Does freenode handle all nick registrations?

as far as I know

Does irc.gimp.org require separate registraton?

"registering" alone is not enough,
   did you do "/msg nickserv identify <password>"

Hi Paka,

It does seem that irc.gimp.org and freenode.org require separate registration. Or else there is some sort of time lag wrt something done with freenode reaching irc.gimp.org. In any event, now I'm registered and identified.

But there is still a message about "invite-only".

Best,
Elle