[Gimp-developer] Packagers: core plug-ins will be installed in subdirs in GIMP 2.10.6

Hi all!

That's a message mostly for packagers (it doesn't matter for other people):
the core plug-ins will now be installed in sub-directories. I.e. the
plug-in `file-webp.exe` (on Windows) will be installed under
`plug-ins/file-webp/file-webp.exe`.

The `make install` step takes care of everything, but this info may matter
for update process (depending on how you do it), as you might want to
delete `plug-ins/file-webp.exe` (and other plug-ins directly under
`plug-ins/` in previous versions of GIMP).

This is one more step towards getting fully rid of DLL hell.

This doesn't change anything for third-party plug-ins which can still be
installed directly under the user config's `plug-ins/` directory though we
advise against it. We advise to install user plug-ins under subdirectories
as well.

Jehan

--
ZeMarmot open animation film