Re: [Gimp-developer] [Gimp-gui] GTK3 "empty black window"/"black flash" bug that affects GIMP-2.99

On 2018-08-05 14:13, Elle Stone wrote:
On 08/05/2018 07:30 AM, Jehan wrote:

Yeah well, I saw a lot of similar drag'n drop issues on the master branch. But that is another problem: the master branch is not for production and has a lot lot of bugs, until we fix them. It's just a fact and that's why we don't advise anyone to use GIMP master for actual work.

Well, this particular "can't grab the place to move the divider line"
issue seems directly linked to using/not using the version of
GTK-3.22.30 that I downloaded and patched, vs the unpatched version
from Gentoo portage.

The reason I'm using GIMP git master is to help test some ongoing
changes in the code that affects color management.

Yep. Of course, I know that. I was mostly refering to your initial email when you said you tried the master branch for initial editing. But since I also know you are basically a developer as well (as far as I am concerned), this is actually normal you try to use GIMP master too. I do use master myself when I want to do some quick edits (on the other hand, we don't use GIMP master yet for our more professional works in our studio). :-)

It was mostly a general reminder for the record, just in case. But in your specific case, it definitely makes sense.

I wouldn't advise anyone to stop using 2.10 and switch to 2.99 unless
they are likewise planning to help test the code - 2.99 does crash
quite a lot even on Linux. Though the crash recovery code - that I
think Jehan had a large part in writing, yes? - does work really well
:) .

Ahahah. Yeah, well if fully implementing it means having "a large part in writing" it, then yes I do. And I am happy my work is helpful to people. ;-)

Jehan

Best,
Elle

--