Re: [Gimp-developer] To all whom it may concern

Am 11.10.2017 um 00:48 schrieb Michael Schumacher:
On 08/04/2017 09:50 PM, Thorsten Stettin wrote:

Hi,

it has been brought to my attention that the gimp-edge of

Old addresses: https://launchpad.net/~otto-kesselgulasch/gimp and
https://launchpad.net/~otto-kesselgulasch/gimp-edge
offers current git-master packages (2017-10-08), whereas

New addresses: https://launchpad.net/~otto-meier/gimp and
https://launchpad.net/~otto-meier/gimp-edge
offers rather old ones (2017-08-25) in comparison.

Thorsten, can you provide an update of the current and future status of
these PPAs?
Everything will remain unaffected, i.e., https://launchpad.net/~otto-kesselgulasch/gimp and https://launchpad.net/~otto-kesselgulasch/gimp-edge stay. Sorry, but back in the days I'd rather to add my PPAs as team PPAs. Unfortunately on launchpad.net there is no way to change a "normal" PPA into a team PPA. Hmm maybe I could temporarily remove the PPAs in order to adding them as new team PPAs. I will ask the people on launchpad.net before.

Cheers

Thorsten

I'd also be interested in knowing why the move was considered and done
at all - the "old" URLs are established at many places on the web, and
it would seem odd to have them point to outdated packages eventually.

--
Lao-Tse sagt: Nichtstun ist besser, als mit viel Mühe nichts zu schaffen.
Und er sagt auch: Ich habe drei Schätze, die ich hüte und hege.