Re: [Gimp-developer] Odd "error making format" regarding grayscale ICC profiles

On 10/10/2017 06:49 AM, Øyvind Kolås wrote:
These messages are debug messages, informing us that GIMP tried to
create dedicated babl_formats from the ICC profiles, babl detected
that it is a type of ICC profile it is not capable of handling, thus
GIMPs attempt at creating a babl based format (and thus conversions)
failed. GIMP will then instead use lcms2 for conversions to/from the
color space of the ICC profile.

Hi Pippin,

Thanks! -what you describe is what I assumed was happening :) . But I was puzzled about these error/warning messages also being printed when adding a layer mask to an RGB image.

Are the babl ICC code and/or LCMS used to make layer masks in GIMP? Whether or no, the masks are made without any problems.

Best,
Elle