Re: [Gimp-developer] Problem with GIMP 2.9.x build dependencies

On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 8:49 AM, Carmelo DrRaw <aferrero1975 gmail com> wrote:
Dear GIMP experts,

I am having troubles to compile the dependencies required to build the latest GEGL/GIMP versions from GIT.

The problem I am facing is the following:

* on one hand, GEGL requires GLIB > 2.44.0

* on the other hand, PyGTK (needed to have python support in GIMP) wants pygobject-2.0, whose latest
version I could find is 2.28.6

python-gtk2 contains pygobject now, for a while (if I remember
correctly).  I am using pygtk-2.24 and not having problems with it.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a recommended set of library versions for compiling GIMP? Or should I
patch object-introspection to add the missing glib library?

Patch for gtk3?

carol