Re: [Gimp-developer] Proposal for erasing background from an image

On 5 March 2017 at 08:43, Ell via gimp-developer-list <
gimp-developer-list gnome org> wrote:

On 03/02/2017 02:24 AM, John Tapsell wrote:

Hi all,

  I'm guessing this is frowned on but I've written this up on my blog
here:

Absolutely not frowned upon :)

Hate to be a buzzkill, but it's already doable: clone tool + color erase
mode + registered alignment.

Awesome!

I tested it out, and it actually worked really well for my specific use
case.  I wanted to erase the color from a shadow, leaving just the shadow,
and it did that beautifully.

In the example with the lion, it works really well when you have a yellow
mane against a blue sky.  But completely wrong for a yellow body against
yellow wheat.

I updated the blog post with pictures if you're interested:

https://johnflux.com/2017/03/02/erasing-background-from-an-image/