Re: [Gimp-developer] Warp transform Abyss policy

On Wed, 14 Jun 2017 07:44:28 +0200
Marco Ciampa via gimp-developer-list <gimp-developer-list gnome org>
wrote:

Veeery interesting indeed Ell! And also very clear!
Do you know exactly which tools share this same option?

Warp is the only tool that has an abyss policy option, IIRC.  As for
filters, convolution matrix, displace, edge, fractal trace, and Gaussian
blur all have this option, although some of them call it "border" or
"border behavior" instead.  Bump map, ripple, and waves also have a
toggle that switches between two of the abyss policy modes, although
they call it "clamp", or "tiled/tileable".

Your example seems to come from the whirl-pinch distortion filter but
I do not see any abyss option in the filter option dialog... even in
any other filter option dialog... am I looking in the wrong place?

The example uses the warp tool, of course :)  It is in swirl mode,
though, as you guessed.  The whirl/pinch filter indeed lacks this
option.

PS: also I see that in the warp tool the Abyss options remains
translated in my system language (Italian) even if I set the gimp
language to English... here and there there are some other translated
particulars like 4 controls in the render->patterns->checkboard
filter, tooltips, keyboard accelerators...small bug?

The text for the abyss policy items comes from GEGL.  It seems that
switching the language in the preferences only affects GIMP text, and
not GEGL.  We should probably fix that, since it affects all the GEGL
filters.

--
Ell