Re: [Gimp-developer] question about script-fu and GIMP 2.10

On Tue, May 30, 2017 at 2:18 AM, Marco Ciampa via gimp-developer-list wrote:
I was wondering if, when the GIMP version 2.10 is ready (BTW: forecast of
the release date?) it will contain the old beloved script-fus with the
file->button and file->logo menu entries.
[snip]
Perhaps there were some decisions about it that i missed?

I don't know if there was any public discussion about removing scripts. I was just as surprised to one day find that a load of Script-Fu scripts had disappeared.

One very useful script that was removed was the Text Circle script. Every so often someone in IRC would ask how to add text to an image in a circle and the script-fu script was the answer. I don't know if there is some other way to do text in a circle using paths. The script made it dead easy.

Some of the scripts that were removed were for effects that weren't likely to see much use these days. They were only useful to show how somethings could be done in Script-Fu. The removed scripts should be placed in a public repository so they would be available for someone who still wanted to use them.

At some point a review should be done as to which scripts are included by default and which ones should be re-instated.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.