Re: [Gimp-developer] gimp-edit-copy

Hi Peter,

If any script works fine in 2.8, but not in git master,
please file a bug.

Regards,
Mitch

On Mon, 2017-04-17 at 11:05 +0100, Peter Suetterlin wrote:
  Hi,

I recently switched to the 2.9 series of gimp(*).  Some of the
script-fus I
regularly use do need babysitting, in particular the 'maximize local
contrast'
script by Roy Johnson.  I fixed the deprecated function calls, but it
always
failed in the final step where an edit buffer captured via gimp-edit-
copy
should be pasted into a layer mask.

After some debugging on the script-fu console it turned out the
reason for the
failure was that the edit buffer was empty.

I could fix the problem by selecting the full area before the call to
gimp-edit-copy.  But acording to the docs it should do this by itself
if
nothing is selected.

Has this changed lately, or is it a bug to report?

I'm running openSUSE Tumbleweed, with a package from
home:/Herbster0815.
It's called gimp-2.9.4-64.12, but reports itself as 2.9.5, so I don't
know the
exact version but assume it's from git?

  Pit

(*) Really amazing!  You're doing a really great job on this.  I'll
for sure
stick with 2.9